August 10, 2009
quick ideas - summer bruschetta
no time for cooking? no problem at all. take some fresh tomatoes, few twigs of fresh oregano, garlic, olive oil and slices of bread. your light summer supper is ready!
crispy and fragrant, fresh and tasty bruschetta is an easy and quick solution even if you are particularly demanding in the matter of food.
you will need (for 2-3 portions):
- 1 big or 10 small (cocktail size) tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic (cut in very small pieces)
- 2 table spoons of olive oli (best quality extra vergine of course)
- 2 twigs of oregano (cut in pieces)
- 8 - 10 slices of bread (better if not very fresh)
heat the oven to 150°C. spread some baking paper inside the baking pan and put slices of bread over it. mix the garlic with olive oil and spread it on the bread. put in the oven for 10-15 minutes. in the meantime cut the tomatatoes into small pieces, mix with origano leaves and salt.
take the bread out of the oven and when still very hot put the tomatoes (together with their juice) on each slice of the bread.
what else.. your bruschetta is ready. enjoy!